In cased you missed this super spooky DIY, here are the details!!
2 Packages of Cheese Cloth
Black Sticky-Back Felt Sheet
8 in Lantern Kit
2 4 inch Styrofoam Balls
Black Glitter Paint
Glow in the Dark Googley Eyes
25 pack of Chenille Stems
Instructions for Hanging Ghost:
1. Assemble paper lantern per package directions.
2. Cut 1-2 inch slits along perimeter of each cheese cloth. Grab slits and pull down and gently stretch the cheesecloth to create tattered teared look.
3. Place and center cheesecloths over lantern.
4. Trace or free hand fun facial expressions on back of Sticky Back Felt. Cut and apply.
5. Embellish to your liking. Add a cute ribbon bow on top. Make it as Pretty or Scary as you’d like. Attach string to the top of the lantern and hang away!
Instructions for Hanging Spiders:
1. Paint styrofoam balls black. Allow sufficient time to dry. Touch up as necessary.
2. Apply black glitter paint on top.
3. Glue the glow in the dark googley eyes on spider as you wish.
4. Bend and shape chenille stems and attach to spider body by poking stems into the styrofoam.
5. Attached eyelet on top of spider. Add string and hang away!
We hope you enjoy making these super awesome Halloween Crafts. Please be sure to take photos and send us pics of your ghosts and & spiders. We would love to see them and brag about you!!
Summer is on its way out and Fall is near. Children are starting school and one of my favorite times of the year is here. Autumn is such a fun crafting season, you have amazingly fun fall seasonal crafts, Halloween crafts and Thanksgiving crafts & decor. As the weather begins to chill, we hope you will enjoy the next few months opening up your Crafty Boxes.
If you missed us this month, here are the details of what we crafted!
Red Chalky Paint
Teal Chalky Paint
Orange Chalky Paint
3 Quart Sized Mason Jars
3 leaf stickers
3 tea light candles
Jar Fillers such as: Popcorn Kernels, Coffee Beans, Acorns or other nut varieties, Dried beans or pebbles.
1. Make sure mason jars are clean and free of debris or oil. To be sure, take a alcohol pad and wipe down exterior of mason jars. Let dry completely.
2. Apply leaf stickers to bottom half of jars or where-ever your creative spirit suggests. Paint 3 coats of chalky paint onto each jar until jars are opaque or until your liking. Allow each coat ample time to dry. Otherwise paint may clump and pull off jar. When you notice the paint is starting to dry out and the colors are lightening and turning chalky it’s time to paint another coat.
3. After applying final coat carefully peel off leaf sticker. I like to pull off the sticker just right before paint is fully dry. Start off at the top tip of the leaf and take your time as the sticker may have a tendency to pull off unnecessary paint. Touch up as needed.
4. Tie raffia around the rim of the jar and cut to your liking. Add in fillers and top off with candle!
We hope you enjoy making these super awesome FALL Leaf Mason Jars.
1. Choose a color to start with. Begin by wrapping tulle around 8 inch cardboard. After cardboard is wrapped make 1 cut on edge of cardboard where you initially started wrapping. You will end up with 16 inch strips of tulle for each color. This is an easy and efficient way of cutting uniform bulk strips.
2. Now it’s time to prepare your wreath frame. DO NOT take plastic film off wreath, it will be messy! Take 1 inch ribbon and wrap around wreath frame until it is covered, just barely overlapping. Secure two pins into each end of ribbon.
3. Now it’s time to add the tulle. Start with 1 red tulle strip and double knot onto wreath, leaving even length of tulle to hang off wreath. Double knot 5 individual strips of red then 5 strips of white until wreath is 3/4 wrapped. Bunch knots together to fill gaps. Doesn’t have to be too tight, just enough to cover form and be in a neat line. Wrap and double knot remaining 1/4 of wreath with blue tulle strips. Fluff and trim as necessary.
6. Embellish as you please. Add your choice of felt stars, wrap star garland around and hot glue your patriotic pick where you desire. You’ve just created one awesome 4th of July Wreath.
Hope you enjoyed, Happy Crafting!!
Just days ago, our May Box recently shipped out. Crafty Box subscribers will be excited to indulge into the art of Pyrography aka Wood Burning with the awesome contents of this month's box. We've included a wood burning pen tool, wood tags/pendants, set of cork coasters and heart shape wood frame. Our theme of the month is "Tribal".
Looking for some additional inspiration on what to create with the box contents and extra instructionals ??
Follow the links below:
( An Excellent Beginner's Guide to Pyrography aka Wood Burning)
For thousands of ideas, visit our Pinterest board! HERE
Thanks, we hope you enjoy!!
Our April Box was just shipped out on the 21st. Crafty Box subscribers will be delighted to know that this month's theme is "Watercolors". Lately, watercolors have been such a neat trend for the Craft & DIY community. They're bold, translucent and super fun to work with. We thought the month of April would be the perfect month to incorporate some fun watercolors. After all we all know April Showers Bring May Flowers.
For those wanting to gain some awesome Watercolor Design Inspiration check out the following links:
Looking for tips on working with watercolors, check out the following links:
8 Watercolor Techniques for Beginners
We can't wait to see all that you do with this month's kit!!
A very special thank you to Punch Place Plus for being our Box Sponsor of the Month. Be sure to check them out for their awesome selection of craft supplies. Shop & Support Small Businesses!
OUR DECEMBER BOX FEATURED AN AMAZING LIGHTED SNOWFLAKE CANVAS CRAFT KIT.
IT WAS DESIGNED BY DIY CRAFT BLOGGER MEGAN OF
RHAPSODY IN ROOMS
. HER DESIGN WAS GREATLY INSPIRED BY RACHEL OF
BUBBLY NATURE CREATIONS
. BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THEIR AMAZING BLOGS. TOGETHER THEIR LIGHTED CANVASES HAVE BEEN PINNED ON PINTEREST OVER 125K TIMES. WOW!